- GIO for network access to files. Not in core because of the GIO dependency
- export markdown/textile/rest/creole to html
- some sort of timer/a clock
- speed dial/savegame like display of recently used documents instead of file chooser
- spell checking
- syntax highlighting (there! I said it!) for LaTeX/markdown/textile/creole
- publishing prose to publishing platforms such as LiveJournal, a blog, whatever
- versioning. Not reinventing the wheel here, think "vcs integration"
- YouTube and twitter widgets. Just kidding.
Oh, just one thing: syntax highlighting for LaTeX will replace our gtk.TextView() with an instance of gtksourceview (of gedit fame), which means it will be able to highlight most programming languages, too. Still, PyRoom isn't intended to be a programmer's editor. Please don't use it as one or I'll come after you with a knife.